GA Atlanta 1050 Techwood Drive NW
Warner Bros. DiscoveryWarner Bros. Discovery offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities across a multitude of disciplines. Join us as we step into the next chapter.
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role:
The Data Architect will be passionate about data as a first-class citizen to empower and enable data-driven business decisions. The Data Architect will lead our full-stack data architecture strategy and implementation, including data modeling, data governance, warehouse aggregation, and BI tooling. They will drive our modernization efforts to ensure our data flows, processing, and reporting are accurate and insightful. They will work closely with senior leadership, research, marketing, product management, architects, and developers to design, build, and deploy data warehouse solutions and reporting tools that meet the growing analytical needs of our organization.
Your Role Accountabilities:
- Define the vision, requirements, and lead development of the Enterprise Data Lake focusing on the business needs
- Design and develop the data platform to efficiently and cost effectively address various data needs across the business.
- Build software across our entire cutting-edge data platform, including event driven data processing, storage, and serving through scalable and highly available APIs, with awesome cutting-edge technologies.
- Change how we think, act, and utilize our data by performing exploratory and quantitative analytics, data mining, and discovery.
- Think of new ways to help make our data platform more scalable, resilient and reliable and then work across our team to put your ideas into action.
- Help us stay ahead of the curve by working closely with data engineers, stream processing specialists, API developers, our DevOps team, and analysts to design systems which can scale elastically in ways which make other groups jealous
- Help build and maintain foundational data products such as but not limited to Finance, Titles, Content Sales, Theatrical, Consumer Products etc.
- Work closely with data analysts and business stake holders to make data easily accessible and understandable to them.
- Ensure data quality by implementing re-usable data quality frameworks.
- Work closely with various other data engineering teams to roll out new capabilities.
- Build process and tools to maintain Machine Learning pipelines in production.
- Develop and enforce data engineering, security, data quality standards through automation.
- Be responsible for cloud cost and improving efficiency.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or information technology.
- 8+ years of experience building and scaling data platforms
- 5+ years of experience with cloud data technologies including Snowflake, AWS, Apache Airflow
- Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer business questions that drive actions and decision-making
- Experience with programming languages – SQL, Python, and AWS Glue
- Experienced in one or more automation and scheduling tools (for example Redwood, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience leveraging creative analytics techniques and output to tell a story to drive business decisions
- Champions the capabilities and benefits of analytical data assets. Partner effectively across departments and stakeholders
- Solid business acumen, and critical problem-solving ability, with a capacity for strategic thinking
- Comfort level with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills.
Not Required but preferred experience:
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of API connectivity and data streaming architecture
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Airflow APIs Architecture AWS AWS Glue Computer Science Data governance Data Mining Data quality Data warehouse DevOps Engineering Finance Machine Learning Pipelines Python Research Security Snowflake SQL Streaming
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Undisclosed Location - USA, … Undisclosed Location - USA, MD, Annapolis Junction Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 121K - 275K USD 121K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
AI Software Architect, LeadAgile Airflow Architecture AWS Computer Science Consulting +23
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Work from Home, United … Work from Home, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 151K - 237K USD 151K+
Security Architect - DevSecOps/Supply Chain Security/AI/ML model securityAgile Architecture Big Data CI/CD Data Analytics Engineering +8
Career development Competitive pay Team events
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs