Principal Engineer, Data Applications (Fullstack)
Englewood Cliffs, NEW JERSEY, United States
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Data & Analytics (D&A) team at NBCUniversal is looking for a passionate problem solver who will be an outstanding addition to our team.
As the Principal Engineer, you'll be driving the overall delivery and support of data applications including designing and building net new while also enhancing the existing tech stack. You will be responsible for multiple systems that support the analytics needs of various stakeholders. This will include developing and maintaining the applications, identifying resource constraints, project risks and mitigations, and development timelines.
You'll also have the opportunity to partner with internal stakeholders, data engineers, and product teams to design and build the next generation of data applications. If you're an individual who is capable of managing large-scale software engineering initiatives, coaching junior engineers, interfacing with product and business stakeholders and a passion for solving challenging problems, then this role is for you! Join us!
- Design, build and maintain the applications necessary to support the Enterprise Data & Analytics teams and their stakeholders
- Oversee the development process including estimating, design, implementation, testing, debugging and tuning, as well as iterative post-production enhancements
- Gather requirements from stakeholders (business, product etc.) and convert them into technical solutions that adhere to the strategic and tactical architectural patterns supported by D&A
- Develop standard communication protocols, update SLA’s, SOP’s and documentation templates
- Mentor junior engineers to follow standards, best practices, etc.
- Collaborate with business users, internal and external technology teams in order to deliver a scalable application that exceeds requirements ensuring compliance with enterprise standards
- Identify new cost-saving opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platforms being built
- 10+ years of relevant software development experience including cloud application architecture and engineering
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with Angular, React and SQL
- Experience with serverless platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong understanding of modern programming languages (Java, Python, Go, NodeJS).
- Knowledge of containers and tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns.
- Proficient in designing and developing solutions using the software development cycle
- Desire to lean in on a philosophy of security, resiliency, and privacy by design.
- Experience delivering software using an agile development process and lead software development projects and provide timely status updates.
- Extensive experience with the software development lifecycle, including CI/CD tools, being proficient in implementing and maintaining continuous integration and continuous deployment process.
- Able to define, document, and communicate front-end, middleware, and back-end architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
- Passion for keeping up to date with emerging platforms & the latest technology trends
- Ability to work and participate in a team with an open and collaborative style of communications while also being able to excel working independently as part of a cross functional team
- Analytical – You have experience in delivering self-service analytics solutions that promote data discovery
- Experience with Snowflake, Amazon Web Services, or related cloud platforms a plus
- Understanding of big data technology stacks (Hive / Spark etc) is a plus
- Media-focused - Strong working knowledge of media including broadcast TV, digital, and mobile (specific experience with TV Distribution a plus)
- Communicator – You have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
- Action-oriented – You're constantly figuring out new problems and are regularly showing results with a positive attitude, always displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and best practices
- You’ve dealt with ambiguity and can make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively with all stake holders
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $160,000 - $200,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.
More jobs like this
Columbia, MO Columbia, MO Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 130K - 220K * USD 130K+ *
Director of Data EngineeringBusiness Analytics Computer Science Engineering Industrial Machine Learning Security +1
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Fitness / gym +7
San Jose, CA San Jose, CA Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 81K - 152K * USD 81K+ *
Director of Field Applications Engineering - Autonomous Driving TechnologyAutonomous Driving Computer Vision Engineering Machine Learning
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +2
Spartanburg, SC, United States Spartanburg, SC, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 130K - 220K * USD 130K+ *
American Credit Acceptance
Head of Data EngineeringAgile AWS Data governance Data management Data visualization Data warehouse +5
Career development Team events Transparency Travel
San Francisco, California, United … San Francisco, California, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 385K - 465K USD 385K+
Applied Engineering: Head of Data EngineeringAGI Architecture ChatGPT DALL-E Data pipelines Engineering +10
Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care Insurance +6
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs