Data Engineer - Snowflake
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated and experienced Data Engineer to join our team.
- Understand the business requirements and processes around advanced analytics model execution.
- Develop end-to-end data pipelines from ingestion to visual analytics with Python, SQL and Snowflake.
- Manage, enhance, maintain and support our Snowflake-based data lake.
- Support our business intelligence developers to provide stunning visual analytics.
- Develop, maintain and support our library of analytical functions written in Python, SQL, Snowflake, PySpark and Matillion.
- Participate in our fast-paced, agile data iteration to deliver new capabilities in a timely manner.
- Leverage key features of Snowflake for processing, entitlements, ingestion, transformation, and data sharing.
- Collaborate with data scientists, financial data analysts, software engineers and other data engineers to implement powerful solutions that leverage cloud, big data, NLP and ML.
- Build machine learning models with advanced analytics techniques to extend our capabilities and deliver new business value.
- Capture and present data-driven business insights.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
- Leverage existing data sources, identify and mine data from new sources, identify opportunities for and execute primary data gathering efforts, and provide recommendations on scaling new methods more broadly.
- University degree or equivalent in data analytics, statistics, math, or computer science, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on Snowflake Practitioner experience in a Data Engineering role.
- Must be Snowflake Certified or should have experience in Snowflake. The SnowPro® Advanced: Data Engineer Certification is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Python, Matillion and SQL
- Experience on Azure ML Studio is Preferred.
- Good to have experience in Airflow and Matillion Studio.
- Experience in big data processing and the development of Python and SQL for large amounts of data.
- Considerable experience with unit and integration testing.
- Excellent analytical, storytelling, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate/communicate analytics recommendations to both technical and nontechnical team members.
- Strong understanding of quantitative (univariate and multivariate) analysis techniques.
- Experience with predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Strong experience with statistical analytical techniques, data mining, machine learning, and predictive models using Python, R , PySpark, Matillion or similar tools.
- Experience using scripting language for collecting, organizing and manipulating data.
- Ability to work with data with significant ambiguity, develop creative approaches to analytical problems, and interpret data and results from a business/industry perspective.
- Health Benefits
- Career Growth
- High Competitive Salary
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow Azure Big Data Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Mining Data pipelines Engineering Machine Learning Mathematics Matillion ML models NLP Pipelines PySpark Python R Snowflake SQL Statistics Testing
More jobs like this
Oak Ridge, TN, US, … Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830 Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 90K - 150K * USD 90K+ *
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Machine Learning Data EngineerBanking Classification Computer Science CUDA Data analysis Data visualization +18
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 90K - 150K * USD 90K+ *
Data EngineerAgile Computer Science Data governance Data pipelines Data quality Data visualization +10
Career development Flex vacation Health care Medical leave Parental leave +1
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs