Principal Machine Learning Engineer - Motion Planning
MotionalMotional harnesses deep industry experience in our mission to develop and deploy autonomous vehicles and to make driverless technology safe and reliable.
The Machine Learning Motion Planning team specializes in the fusion of Machine Learning and Classical Methods, researches and develops new heuristic and deep learning approaches, and builds deep neural networks, algorithms, and software to make an impact across navigation, behavior, route planning, as well as trajectory optimization, numerical optimization, and model predictive control. The team owns the full development cycle of ML Planner, from ideation, experimentation, validation, simulation, in-vehicle testing, and final deployment into production.
Motional's Machine Learning team has produced groundbreaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry, including nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
What You'll Do:
- Lead the effort of cutting-edge motion planning systems with Machine Learning and optimization-based methods.
- Lead and develop a variety of algorithms for planning for autonomous driving, including but not limited to search-based methods, sampling-based methods, optimization-based methods, linear-temporal logic, and decision-making under uncertainty.
- Lead and develop core deep learning algorithms for efficient training and testing pipelines.
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to inspire others to develop better software practices and principles.
- Design and build a robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Interface with perception and prediction components upstream and trajectory optimization and tracking & control components downstream
- Refine and improve the data-driven model according to the performance of AV in real-world complex environment
- Deploy solutions directly to an autonomous vehicle and analyze their impact
- Provide a vision for the team and our system—guide and mentor junior team members to develop a culture of product-focused engineering, research, and development.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's, Masters, or PhD degree preferred in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of C++ software development experience preferred
- Experience designing, training, analyzing, and deploying neural networks with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation through implementation and deployment
- Thirst for knowledge and continuous innovation
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. We’re driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren't just developing driverless cars; we're creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
We’re creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; it’s not only good for our business, it’s the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. We’re driven to scale; we’re moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom … London, England, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Lead DevOps Engineer (AI-powered Automation) - REMOTE Canada/Europe/LATAMCI/CD DevOps Engineering Kubernetes Machine Learning Robotics +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +2
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs