runZerorunZero is a comprehensive cyber asset attack surface management solution with the most efficient way to full asset inventory. Try it free.
runZero is a 100% remote company! We don't actually have an office, so we won't ever ask you to "come in 3 days a week". Remote is great but we love team building and get together in person for kick-offs yearly.
We're already selling a lot, with hundreds of paying customers from mid-market to very large enterprises and thousands of freemium users.
High customer satisfaction
For 2023, we’re offering platinum-level medical, vision, dental, life and short-term disability virtually free for you and any dependents. We also match 4% of 401K contributions, and you have unlimited PTO.
Friendly and productive culture
We have a diverse team with people from all different walks of life, no crazy hours, and a productive atmosphere. More about our cultural values can be found here!
We’re growing the runZero Research Team! As a Research Engineer, you will help convert security research into happy customers! You'll be responsible for enhancing overall coverage by creating and updating asset and service fingerprints. Delving into the scanner code, you'll address bugs, explore intriguing devices, and investigate vulnerabilities, pioneering new scanning techniques and fingerprinting methods through research and development. Beyond technical aspects, you'll contribute to the continuous improvement of runZero by writing engaging content for the blog, sharing in-depth research findings, and tactical posts for customer value, and collaborating closely with the engineering team. This dynamic role also involves active participation in planning discussions and occasional contributions to the development of new features and bug fixes.
What You’ll Do:
- Add or improve 15+ customer-facing fingerprints per week through writing/updating regular expressions (regex) in XML files and writing Golang code
- Investigate and resolve 5+ customer issues per week, using standard network analysis tools (Wireshark, etc.) as appropriate
- Participate in the development and delivery of a customer-facing feature 1 release cycle per quarter, using standard developer tools and processes (Git, issue tracking, testing, code reviews)
- Fix 1+ bugs per release cycle, and create new issues (bugs, features) when appropriate.
- Keep up with the threat intelligence landscape, to know when new threats might be important to our customers
- Periodically contribute to research and blog posts
- In addition to the engineering team, regularly communicate and collaborate with peers across the company to learn and support our product and sales operations
Skills You Have:
- You are comfortable writing Go and working with large Go codebases.
- You are comfortable working with Linux systems.
- You have a good understanding of modern networking protocols and network analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark).
- You have a love (or at least tolerable fondness) for regular expressions.
- You want to figure out how things work “behind the scenes.”
- You have experience with vulnerability discovery and/or threat intelligence.
Salary range: runZero values transparency in the hiring process. According to our market data, we’re expecting this role to come in at a salary of about $100k - $130k, plus stock options. We know that the talent market is always in flux, so please let us know if you believe we have advertised this role in the wrong salary band.
We offer an extensive set of benefits including:
- Top of the line medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages with runZero paying for 99% of the premium
- A stock option plan consistent with early stage, rapidly-growing startups
- A competitive salary composed of cash and equity compensation
- A flexible vacation policy
- 401(k) matching program
runZero positions are currently restricted to the United States. International applications will not be considered.
runZero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, nationality or any other basis covered by applicable law.
We encourage under-represented applicants to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria (nobody ever does)!
More jobs like this
Austin, Texas, United States … Austin, Texas, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 90K - 150K * USD 90K+ *
Data Engineer I - (Remote - US)APIs AWS BigQuery Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Team events +1
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs