BibliUBibliU is a dynamic learning enablement platform that helps students achieve better outcomes by providing access to etextbooks and courseware.
Position Title: Analytics Engineer
Reports to: Lead Analytics Engineer
Location: UK (Remote)
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
BibliU is an award-winning digital learning platform that provides easy access to textbooks and reading materials, making learning more equitable and effective. We partner with over 3,000 educational publishers, including Pearson, Oxford University Press, and Wiley, to offer a wide range of high-quality content to students. Our platform provides rich engagement data to academics and allows students to find information faster. We have disrupted the textbook industry by reducing the cost of education significantly and increasing publisher sales.
Founded in late-2015, we are a rapidly growing company transforming the way students and educators access and interact with learning materials. Our revenue has grown rapidly, with 150% YoY growth in the last three years. Last year, we raised $21m in a Series B funding round led by Nesta Impact Investments, with participation from Guinness Asset Management, Stonehage Fleming, and Oxford Sciences Enterprises.
We are a diverse and inclusive team of professionals who are passionate about education and technology. Our culture is fast-paced, innovative, and dynamic, and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in EdTech, BibliU is the perfect place for you. Join us and help revolutionise the way students and educators access and interact with learning materials.
At BibliU, we empower our customers and partners with actionable insights to enhance student engagement. As an Analytics Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the decisions of institutions and publishers by providing analytics through dynamic dashboards and APIs.
What you will be doing:
As our Analytics Engineer, your key responsibilities include:
Integrating Datasets: Hook up different datasets through Stitch into Snowflake
Data Transformation: Transform data through dbt & oversee/manage production runs (we use the CLI for development and dbt cloud to manage production runs)
Delivering Insightful Datasets: Deliver clear, accurate analytical datasets that the rest of the data team and business can easily consume
Data Governance: Own and maintain data lineage and catalogues, so we can all trust the numbers, be confident we can ensure accuracy and continuity of our data sources, and make better data governance decisions.
Data Quality Assurance: dive deep into data sources and troubleshoot issues when they arise
Dashboard Creation: Maintain and create dashboards for internal and external stakeholders with AWS Quicksight
- User Queries: Find answers to questions the internal stakeholders and external users are asking of us/about our product
What we are looking for:
Snowflake Proficiency: Confident in working with Snowflake
Dashboard Building: Experience building dashboards in AWS Quicksight or similar reporting tools
Data Modeling: Comfortable building data models with dbt
Cloud Infrastructure: Familiar with AWS Cloud infrastructure
Nice to have
Bonus points if you have some frontend dev experience and have used terraform
This is a very diverse role so it would suit a generalist data/software person who is keen to explore different parts of the data stack and is not afraid to stretch outside the boundaries of a traditional data role!
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a healthy work-life balance and cultivating a company culture where you can bring your whole, human self to work.
Here's what we offer:
🌴 35 days holiday per year - yep, that’s not a typo!
🎂 Your birthday off
🌱 12 scheduled company wellness Fridays off per year
❤️ Enhanced maternity & paternity allowance
⏰ Flexible working hours - we’re a remote team spread across the US, the EU, and even Australia!
💻 Work-from-home allowance to help you set up your dream WFH station
🚴 Cycle-to-work scheme (UK)
💝 Nice surprises on special occasions such as work anniversaries
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and BibliU is committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone can do rewarding work.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Austin, Texas, United States … Austin, Texas, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 90K - 150K * USD 90K+ *
Data Engineer I - (Remote - US)APIs AWS BigQuery Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Team events +1
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs