Accountant - Artificial Intelligence
Title: Accountant – Artificial Intelligence
Company: Samsung Canada
Lab: Samsung Artificial Intelligence Center (SAIC)
Location: Toronto, CA
Samsung is working toward a vision of providing world-class AI services for our industry-leading platforms across all Samsung products. Real-time AI services will enable users to interact with Samsung products more intuitive and naturally
Our researchers and engineers at SAIC Canada, are working collaboratively together with global team to make Samsung’s vision a reality. You will have this unique opportunity to support and work with our top-tier talents & experts.
We are looking for an accountant who has a high level of responsibility and attention to detail. The ideal accountant will be well-organized, proactive, and work independently but also think critically and suggest ideas for improvement for the team. This person should be a great teammate and partner with many different teams within and outside SAIC Canada.
- Manage / track annual budget, plan and manage daily operations.
- Process invoices and expense reports for the company in an accurate and timely manner including internal controls review aspects. Review each invoice and expense report and supporting documentation, looking for legitimacy, accurate coding, appropriate approvals, ensuring accurate recording.
- Audit employee expenses, bring up and address out of policy issues.
- Successfully collaborate with other departments within the organization; Provide accounting assistance and respond to financial questions and concerns.
- Maintain and support vendor relations.
- Setup vendor records (including contractors, wire/ACH templates) in ERP system.
- Assist other Finance staffs during the month-end closing of financial records related to AP including monthly accruals.
- Prepare various schedules and ad hoc reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Bilingual - fluent in Korean is a plus
- High skill level abilities in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with non-accounting professionals
- ERP (SAP, Oracle, etc.) experience
- Experience in driving process improvement a plus
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs