Sr. Manager, Data Science & Analytics - Ecosystems
United States - Remote
InstacartOrder same-day delivery or pickup from more than 300 retailers and grocers. Download the Instacart app or start shopping online now with Instacart to get groceries, alcohol, home essentials, and more delivered to you <b>in as fast as 1 hour</b>...
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart is seeking an accomplished Sr. Manager of Data Science & Analytics to lead our Ecosystems team. This central unit is integral to supporting executive decision-making and company strategy. The role is pivotal in evaluating Instacart's current operational health, forecasting its short-term trajectory, and guiding the development of its 2-3 year strategic plan.
About the Job
- Build, support, and expand a high-performing team of data scientists and product analysts. Cultivate an environment of continuous growth and learning.
- Oversee the development and implementation of statistical models, complex systems modeling, and machine learning. These tools will be essential for providing insights for executive-level decision-making and influencing product development strategies.
- Engage closely with leaders across various departments such as product, engineering, finance, and operations. Your role will be to synchronize business strategies with data-driven insights, fostering a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Spearhead the identification and prioritization of new product opportunities through data analysis and modeling. You will be at the forefront of driving data-centric innovation within Instacart, influencing both analytics and product development.
- Lead the creation of robust measurement frameworks for the company. Interpret results to draw actionable and detailed conclusions, and develop intelligent systems to enhance executive decision-making.
- Present your team’s findings in a persuasive manner to engage and influence executive audiences. Your insights will play a crucial role in integrating new concepts into Instacart's overarching business strategy.
- At least 12 years of experience in a quantitative role within a product company or research organization.
- At least 7 years of experience in leading a team of data scientists, economists, or product analysts.
- Expertise in SQL, Python, or R for advanced data analysis.
- Exceptional skill in translating complex business needs into analytical frameworks for executive stakeholders.
- A proven track record of thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and fostering a growth-centric culture within your team and the broader company.
- A graduate degree in Statistics, Analytics, Economics, or a related field.
- Prior experience in the e-commerce, retail, or consumer packaged goods (CPG) industries.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
More jobs like this
Remote, San Francisco, California, … Remote, San Francisco, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 136K - 222K * USD 136K+ *
Staff Applied Scientist - ForcastingArchitecture Data analysis Data visualization Genetics ICML Industrial +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Washington, DC, Remote (USA) Washington, DC, Remote (USA) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 125K - 150K USD 125K+
Senior Data Analyst, CardAmplitude BigQuery Data analysis Data visualization Engineering Finance +10
Career development Competitive pay Health care Lunch / meals Unlimited paid time off
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs