Senior Manager, Machine Learning Credit Modeling
PayPay is a fintech company that has grown to over 60M users since its launch in 2018. Our team is hugely diverse with members from over 50 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm; the biggest payment service company inIndia. Based on their customer-first technology, we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan. Our biggest competitor is "cash". We seek people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed, and promote PayPay with professionalism and passion.
We are looking for a leader with a passion to develop novel machine learning software systems for credit modeling and default risk prediction, deploy the systems to production, and test them to ensure all users and merchants needs are covered.
In this team of data scientists, statisticians, and machine learning engineers, you will create software that is used by millions of people.
You will perform ETL to build model features using petabyte-scale datasets and develop high throughput and low latency systems to serve models in production touching the lives of more than 60 million customers every day. You will collaborate with highly innovative engineering teams to put machine learning functionalities into production systems that we build in-house.
We are looking for someone who oozes passion, ownership, and a love of building great things. The Product and Engineering teams will rely heavily on your build. You'll have a ton of trust and responsibility. So, if challenges excite you, and you're ready for a big one, let us know.
- Grow Machine Learning talent within PayPay and drive a roadmap that applies Machine Learning technologies to content discovery, engagement, recommendation, predication, risk underwriting etc.
- Work with the leadership team to identify opportunities for using ML and drive solutioning in areas of Credit
- Designing scalable and deployable machine learning solutions
- Define performance and validation metrics and coach the team to achieve these
- Introduce and own the process of model building and the infrastructure behind it
- At least 5 years of experience as a senior leader and managing Data Engineering and Data Science Team members.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully architecting and taking ML systems to production.
- Designed and built multiple complex, scalable, high throughput, low latency streaming/batch processing machine learning pipelines for both data flows and algorithm execution
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience
- Have an extreme bias towards action. Basically, have the “Get Things Done” type of attitude.
- Be able to maintain high-performance within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment.
- You have a master degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Working knowledge of PyTorch, Tensorflow or other similar frameworks is a plus
- Working experience of AWS SageMaker, Google Vertex is a plus
- Unparalleled speed: Discover for yourself the important things that need to be done and implement ways to reach the best results at the fastest speed possible for the organization
- Commitment: As a professional, commit to the growth and business goals of the organization and create impactful results by your ownership
- Logical thinking: Think logically and structurally to bring real communication
- Curiosity and questioning mind: Keep your curiosity about new things and your challenges along with a continuous questioning mind and enjoy such circumstances in a future-oriented manner
- Problem solving: Take a proper approach towards both explicit and potential business/organization challenges to lead solutions involving others
PayPay 5 senses
- Please refer PayPay 5 senses to learn what we value at work.
- Full Time
- WFA(Work From Anywhere at Anytime)
- Remote Job
- You can live anywhere in Japan
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
- Every Sat/Sun/National holidays (In Japan)/New Year's break/Company-designated Special days
- Annual leave (up to 14 days in the first year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment. Can be used from the date of hire)
- Personal leave (5 days each year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment)
＊PayPay's own special paid leave system, which can be used to attend to illnesses, injuries, hospital visits, etc., of the employee, family members, pets, etc.
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom … London, England, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Lead DevOps Engineer (AI-powered Automation) - REMOTE Canada/Europe/LATAMCI/CD DevOps Engineering Kubernetes Machine Learning Robotics +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +2
Remote, San Francisco, California, … Remote, San Francisco, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 136K - 222K * USD 136K+ *
Staff Applied Scientist - ForcastingArchitecture Data analysis Data visualization Genetics ICML Industrial +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs