Quantitative Researcher (Data Science/Machine Learning/Mathematical Modelling)
Posted 1 month ago
Imagine beating the efficient market hypothesis with the full big data toolset
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We use the latest scientific techniques and advanced data analysis methods to discover the undiscovered. Our researchers are free to explore ideas, finding patterns in large, noisy and real-world data sets to predict the movements in global financial markets.
We research systematic trading ideas that predict the future of financial markets, applying scientific techniques to find patterns in large, noisy and rapidly changing real-world data sets. We are working on the fringes of the possible, trying to beat the efficient market hypothesis with the full “big data” tool set. We also build on the latest academic research into optimisation methods to find innovative solutions to the complexities that Markowitz ignored.
This is a pure research role where you will have the freedom to develop and test your ideas with real-world data in an environment that resembles academia: you are only limited by your imagination!
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will at minimum have experience in the following areas:
- You will have an interest in applying mathematical concepts to real world financial problems
- An interest in implementing theoretical insights as working code
- You will have, or be working towards gaining, a Masters or PhD degree in a highly quantitative subject (mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics or engineering)
- Previous financial experience is not required, although interest in finance and the motivation to rapidly learn more is a prerequisite for working here
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- 9% company pension contribution
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines