Senior Data Engineer
sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Platform area. The role is based out of the Berlin office (flexible hybrid home/office combo covid permitting) and will report to our Staff Data Engineer. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
As a Senior Data Engineer you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like creating self service data pipeline capabilities for our data-driven teams and collaborate closely with product teams to optimize our data flows.
You’ll be collaborating closely with data-driven product teams, product and business analysts to develop and improve our products in the digital logistics business .
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes. You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
In this role you will
- Enable stakeholders to develop and operate their own data products by providing them self-serve tools and platforms
- Shape the Data flows and architecture of our (micro)service architecture
- Work on a data governance framework to enable full data democratisation and generate insights from data at scale
- Develop tools and solutions which will enable our stakeholders to monitor and improve data quality and discover other data products
- Work in close collaboration with our Insights and DWH team to design and implement self-serve analytics and BI platform
- Grow the data competency across the company
- Automate away any boring repetitive task around data management
Preferably you are
- You have solid practical experience (4+ years) in building data pipelines and data services.
- Pragmatic- you know when to make a cut for ongoing discussions and start working on deliverables
- A developer - most of your goals can be achieved by code committed to version control
- Communicative - you make your voice heard among the team and the wider tech organization and engage with our stakeholders to enable them and listen to their needs.
- Not afraid to ask, and support others to do the same - transparency about our abilities and decisions based on different opinions keeps us motivated and does not allow us to get stuck.
- You use technology as a means to an end. We currently use SQL, python, golang, bash, airflow, fivetran, snowflake, kafka (confluent), postgres, dbt, looker, aws, gitlab, terraform - we are open for any of your suggestions
We expect you to
- Be passionate about doing great work, and pragmatic about getting things done.
- To be able to communicate clearly and effectively. Explaining technical concepts to non technical stakeholders is something that you enjoy doing.
- Proactively provide solutions for complex business problems, enabling insights that can empower better decision-making.
- Help define and share best practices of data product management across the organization.
- Be a decent human being. Be willing to help other people and share your expertise.
- Have a superb communication skills in English.
What you can expect
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs