Engineering Manager - Machine Learning Monetization (Remote)
Vancouver, BC, Canada (Remote)
[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our small engineering team works on challenging problems every day. We have a culture that's rooted in constantly learning and improving, and our engineers are encouraged to think big and experiment with new ideas. Using continuous deployment, we quickly see our changes in the product and make fast iterations. Our engineers focus on creating polished products and writing high-quality code by designing APIs and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable. As a remote-first company, our engineers have a high degree of flexibility and autonomy. Everyone on the engineering team has a huge impact on our product and our company.
About the Role:
Since we first launched our advertising platform, we've already grown to support thousands of advertisers who are reaching over 300 million+ monthly unique visitors on Quora. Our journey is just beginning as we continue to build new products from the ground up and tackle exciting challenges at scale. Today, we're working on a broad range of areas to grow our ads product to drive more value to our users and advertisers.
As a manager on the Monetization ML team, you'll lead and grow a team that is focused on generating revenue for the success of the company and mission to share and grow the world's knowledge. To fully achieve this, we need to make sure that the knowledge on Quora will improve and last forever. Revenue from our monetization efforts plays a critical role in empowering us to do that. You’ll work closely with other product development and machine learning leaders to plan, prioritize, and deliver scalable, reliable products that delight our users, advertisers and businesses on Quora.
- Lead and grow a team of machine learning engineers to deliver high-impact projects within Ads, Business Products and Subscriptions.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, Data Science, Sales, and Marketing to shape the team roadmap and ensure successful execution towards our strategy.
- Work with the Engineering management team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire Engineering team.
- Work with Recruiting to grow the team, including sourcing, interviewing, branding, and onboarding.
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here.
- 5+ years of industry experience architecting, building, and scaling machine learning related products
- 2+ years of industry experience in online advertising, subscriptions or related areas in monetization & marketing
- 2+ years of direct management experience in a technology company
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations of machine learning algorithms
- Flexible and positive team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs