Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
Data Engineer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is actively seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven Data Engineer. This position will reside in Data Engineering, which serves as the central data platform team for the company. The Data Engineering team is responsible for delivering world class Analytics capabilities to serve millions of up-and-coming Acorns customers by streamlining and optimizing data processes on user behavior and complex financial data. In this role you will be a vital component to the success of our Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science teams. This is a full-time, direct hire position, working regular hours.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Interface with various parts of business, Products, Project Management, and Leadership.
- Be familiarized with toolsets and environments, given proper access to execute tasks.
- Understand data landscape and data flow and processes.
- Fix or enhance production data pipelines.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with the engineering leadership team to align, establish and promote engineering-wide priorities, including new features, infrastructure, and tool building.
- Optimize performance of business-critical data processes and identify and resolve data process issues.
- Develop new data pipelines for ingesting, integrating various heterogeneous data sources.
- Design and develop data pipelines to support reliable, timely and accurate computation of business metrics in collaboration with Analytics.
- Assess level of effort on a project and deliver with internal and external teams.
- Propose and promote new ways to solve a problem to gain efficiency and to scale.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Contribute and execute on Acorns Data Roadmap.
- Author, propose and execute technical initiatives.
- Lead a junior level individual contributor.
- Lead setting standards and best practices for a growing engineering organization
- Define career path opportunities for development.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BA/BS from top-tier university
- 1+ years of Java/Scala/Python experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in an internet facing solution
- Object oriented fundamentals (OOA, OOP, OOD)
- Advanced understanding of SQL and database/data warehouse design concepts
- Setting standards and best practices for a growing engineering organization
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Understand advanced algorithms and data structures
- Experience with AWS, Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka or Kinesis
- Experience with Databricks is a plus
- Experience with Airflow or Luigi a plus
- Experience using Data Quality tools such as Amazon Deequ or Great Expectations is a plus
- Experience in building high-performance, reliable and scalable services
- Experience in Agile Methodology
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs