Senior Data Analyst and Algorithms Engineer
Every company wants to change the world, and we're doing it. Skylo moves the world’s machine data from sensors-to-satellite and delivers critical information to the people who need it, precisely when they need it most. Skylo connects the unconnected -- machines like fishing boats, tractors, railcars, trucks, and assets as diverse as heavy machinery -- and delivers sensors-to-satellite. People in all corners of the earth - both land and sea - can send and receive high value alerts and messages to stay safe, increase business efficiencies, and improve their lives and livelihoods.
The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Senior Data Analyst and Algorithms Engineer to join our Advanced Network Technologies team to innovate and design end to end solutions for network optimizations and enhancing Skylo customer satisfaction. This person will be part of the CTO team at Skylo and will play a critical role in our mission to deliver end-to-end IOT solutions around the world using sensor’s data and ubiquitous connectivity. We are looking for highly talented engineers who are interested in building a disruptive product in the market.
- Identify data driven solution opportunities for Skylo’s customers based upon an understanding of the market, the state of the art in IoT sensing technology, and data analysis algorithms.
- Design end- to- end solutions/algorithms to enhance Skylo's future use cases and customer satisfaction.
- Perform data analysis on IoT data sets to derive higher order data characteristics for Skylo customers. Develop machine learning and decision-making algorithms for customer features.
- Innovate and enable new outcomes through the use of IMU sensors and ubiquitous connectivity.
- Simulate designed algorithms and create proof of concept for the proposed solutions. Drive system observability and benchmark algorithm performance under nominal and stress conditions.
- Work closely with the hardware, firmware, LTE base station/core and network and platform engineering teams to quickly iterate on and deploy algorithms for the intelligent management of a machine data driven network and user terminal operations.
- Innovate and add to the Skylo IP portfolio.
- 5+ years experience in research or algorithm design or data analysis and development.
- Masters/PhD degree in Telecommunication, Computer science Engineering or a related field. Strong background in mathematics is preferred.
- Programming capabilities with experience in C/C++/Java and Python.
- Experience in developing & deploying machine learning and decision-making algorithms preferred.
- Knowledge of inertial sensors and sensor fusion algorithm experience is a great plus.
- Experience with IOT application development is preferred.
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols and networking technologies is preferred but not necessary.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and evolving startup environment is preferred.
- Highly collaborative, with superior communication and leadership skills, comfortable building and working with teams from diverse backgrounds.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs