Marketing Technology Data Analyst
Novato, California, United States
The Marketing Technology team works alongside the Labels (2K, Private Division, Rockstar Games, Social Point) Marketing, Community and PR teams, managing and supporting the underlying technology stack used for Paid, Owned and Earned Marketing activity.
The primary purpose of the role is to enable and further empower these teams to do what they do best – produce outstanding content. This means helping streamline their processes, alleviate bottlenecks and provide data for meaningful metrics, leveraging technology.
Working as part of the MarTech team the Marketing Technology Data Analyst (MTDA) must have a broad range of skills. The responsibilities include the ability to work with data engineers to develop robust end to end data pipelines of disparate data into consistent usable data. This role also requires the ability to manage emergent requests to a timely resolution.
The role requires a fast-paced and agile approach, with a strong focus on delivery and enabling change within a creative and rapidly changing environment. It’s demanding, but incredibly rewarding as you can directly see the results of your efforts reflected in the teams you’re working with, whilst working with leading edge technology and Marketing strategies.
A successful MTDA will-
Within the first 90 days: Learn the inventory of current data pipelines and develop a familiarity of the purpose and audience they serve. Take ownership of the operational management of several pipelines across the portfolio.
Within 180 days: Take full ownership of daily maintenance for emergent issues and taking full responsibility in driving them to a successful resolution.
Maintain stable, scalable data pipelines that cleanse, structure and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end user analyses and targeting using stream and batch processing architectures.
Collaborate with Data Engineers to incorporate new data sources with end to end ETL.
Maintain and update documentation for data pipelines including enterprise wide data dictionary.
Respond to alerts as needed to Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
Work with internal clients to maintain business readiness through the resolution of emergent issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
2+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
1+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS technologies stack including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, Treasure Data, Snowflake or similar solutions build around Hive/Spark etc.
2+ years of hands-on experience in using advanced SQL queries (analytical functions), experience in writing and optimizing highly efficient SQL queries.
Proven track record of delivering big data solutions – batch and real-time.
Comfort in working with business customers to gather requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied datasets.
Experienced in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them.
Knowledge of software coding practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Technologies you will work with
Hands on experience with Treasure Data
Developing solutions using Docker
Experience with CDPs or DMPs
GDPR / CCPA compliance experience
Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce
Familiarity with Marketing Technologies
Experience working in an agile environment
Previous gaming industry experience
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs