takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Data Analyst to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead requirements elicitation workshops with stakeholders to define high level business requirements for operational reporting or to improve business performance
- Assist stakeholders to prioritize the requirements
- Obtain sign-off on the specifications
- Mine data for insights, test and validate hypotheses about operational and customer behavior
- Influence the roadmap through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Develop operational reports and run reports to support measurement of key performance indicators. Prepare exception-based reporting and drive implementation of business improvement ideas
- Validate existing reports and data sets and resolves issues with reports and performance indicators as identified
- Develop a clear understanding of the operational intricacies & behaviors and identify improvement opportunities / levers to improve key metrics
- Create effective data visualizations to communicate insights and updates to the management and product team.
- Generate regular reports on operational performance and provide insights / recommendations to the business
- Analyse the success and effectiveness of process changes
- Facilitate the performance improvement of various teams within the business by identifying operational gaps. This must be performed through testing & analysis and recommendation of process changes.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Ability to identify areas of improvement in current processes
- Ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high quality, innovative, clean solutions
- Highly structured thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have exceptional communication skills to help deliver insights to diverse stakeholders
- Detail oriented, outcome and process focused
- Willingness to learn and personal desire to keep up to date with technology and process
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, BCom Computer Science or similar degree
- 3+ years experience in a Data, Engineering or Product Management role within a fast-paced, product-led, and growth-focused organisation, playing a key role in data gathering, data analysis and helping the team make data based decisions
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, Google BigQuery, AWS, Google Data Studio, and Python
- Automation - Cron Scheduling (Custom or 3rd party software scheduling)
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages with proven advanced proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets, Docs & Slides
- Experience with large datasets and optimisation on digital platforms
- Retail or e-commerce and Supply Chain industry experience beneficial
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
I acknowledge that if I have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, that request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs