Data Engineering Lead Developer
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
Purpose of This Role
Overseeing the full life-cycle and back-end development of the brokerage business’ data warehouse. This role will be responsible for developing ETL processes and pipelines, on-boarding new system feeds, administering our KDB time-series database, managing downstream data feeds and ensuring a fault tolerant data architecture.
The data engineering teams will work closely with data analysts, the electronic trading technology team, and product management in order to ensure data is available so teams across the organization are able to generate analytics and insights to make informed management decisions.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Degree holder of a Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative discipline.
- Familiar with OOP programming languages such as Java or Python.
- 2+ years experience managing KDB systems.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Following TDD/BDD methodologies and clean coding practices.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Comfortable working with developer tools such as GIT, Jira and Confluence.
- Familiar with automated build, test and deployment pipelines (e.g. GitLab or Jenkins).
- Strong problem-solving skills and a confident communicator.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably to tight schedules.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs