Senior Data Engineer
Anywhere, United States
Who we are:
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars facilitates over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Who you are:
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver solutions that impact and improve the day-to-day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you will be building and delivering highly scalable and reliable systems that drive the experience of thousands of local businesses and millions of consumers.
Do you find data architecture exciting? Does building a new data pipeline or optimizing a data warehouse make you happy? Can you migrate a data store to the cloud, run a few jobs to clean things up, and build a set of processes to keep the data current? Are you comfortable with Terabyte-scale data, optimizing cloud stores, building workflow management systems, AWS, and Python scripting? Can you work closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs and sate those through data solutions? If so, we want you!
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain cloud-based data infrastructure (Redshift/Presto/Kinesis/Glue/EC2/S3/Lambda etc.)
- Create data pipelines to/from external partners using Python and other tools.
- Establish and use workflow-management tools to orchestrate solutions(Airflow,DBT)
- Write complex SQL queries to extract, transform and load data from various sources.
- Regularly work with Jira, Github, Cloudwatch etc.
- Monitor and improve pipeline and data-warehouse performance.
- Explore new technologies and tools as appropriate and provide recommendations.
- Build strong partnerships with stakeholders in order to influence adoption of infrastructure
What we’re looking for :
- 5+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in a data-engineering function using cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience creating efficient and scalable pipelines and solutions, preferably in Python.
- Experience in managed services for data ingestion/processing with hands-on experience working in AWS environment and operational experience of Kinesis/Kafka, S3, Glue and Athena.
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing systems (e.g. AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery)
- Proficient in any flavor of SQL (Postgres preferably) and demonstrable ability in data modeling, ETL development, data warehousing, batch, and real time data processing, query optimization and large scale data storage.
- Experience with API development (GraphQL / REST)
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to explain technical concepts in a way that is understandable by all our internal customers.
- Be a strong team player. We work in small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible.
Nice to Have:
- Machine learning experience including relevant tools and packages.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or other applicable protected categories. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs