Data Science Tech Lead / Manager - ML, CX & Ops (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Data at Brex
The Data organization develops infrastructure, statistical models, and products using financial data. Our Scientists and Engineers work together to make data—and insights derived from data—a core asset across the company. Our work is ingrained in Brex’s decision-making process, in the efficiency of our operations, in our risk management policies, and in the second-to-none experience we provide our consumers.
What you’ll do
The CX / Ops team works closely with the Customer Success and Operations teams at Brex. The team focuses on enabling Brex to scale responsibly by leveraging algorithms to increase operational efficiency. We are searching for a strong data science tech lead / manager to lead a group of data scientists and build models in production to support the company’s growth. You should be excellent cross-functionally, have a head for strategy, have strong technical foundations, and have a history of taking high-visibility projects across the finish line. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
- Drive and execute the data science modeling strategy for the team.
- Build and promote a strong data-informed culture throughout the company.
- Work cross-functionally to ship models from inception to production.
- Devise highly efficient, human-in-the-loop systems using machine learning and in-house tooling
- Recruit great data scientists from varying backgrounds.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Having a track record of building and leading successful data science teams
- History of delivering high impact projects with stringent product requirements
- Experience working in a high-growth environment, recruiting extraordinary people from different backgrounds.
- Deep sense of ownership of an entire problem-space, from modeling to processes and tooling.
- Ability to flourish with an increased level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Excellent communication and effective teamwork with engineers, product managers, business stakeholders and finance teams.
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies, systems and modeling techniques.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds
- Experience building algorithms for the Operations or CX (customer success) space
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs