Who we are
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, operates at scale with over 500 million reviews, opinions, photos, and videos reaching over 390 million unique visitors each month. We are a data driven company that leverages our data to empower our decisions. Tripadvisor is extremely excited to play a pivotal role in supporting our travellers. With travel plans dashed in early 2020, many people have been dreaming about their next big holiday for more than a year, so it’s no surprise that travellers are extra conscious of getting it just right when they do travel. Helping to play an important role in enabling travellers is an amazing opportunity over the next year and beyond.
Data engineering is one of the fastest growing engineering positions. Leading companies, such as Tripadvisor, are data driven, allowing us to quickly identify challenges, make timely decisions, and continue enhancing our user experience. Data engineering requires strong CS knowledge and analytical skills, the ability to learn new cutting edge technologies, and learning to master big data. Data engineers also need strong business knowledge and understanding of the data, and need to partner with the business to drive decisions. We are looking for strong engineers and analyst that want to become data engineers.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
We take pride in our data engineering and are looking for a talented and highly-motivated engineer with a passion for solving interesting problems to add to our high-performing team.
What You Will Do
- Providing the organization’s data consumers high quality data sets by data curation, consolidation, and manipulation from a wide variety of large scale (terabyte and growing) sources.
- Building data pipelines and ETL processes that interact with terabytes of data on leading platforms such as Snowflake and BigQuery.
- Developing and improving our enterprise data by creating efficient and scalable data models to be used across the organization.
- Partnering with our analytics, data science, CRM, and machine learning teams.
- Responsible for enterprise data integrity, validation, and documentation.
- Solving data pipeline failure events and implementing sound anomaly detection
- Advanced query language and data exploration skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in information architecture design
- Solid experience developing complex ETL processes including SLA, performance measurements, and monitoring
- Experience working with large datasets (terabyte scale and growing) and familiarity with various technologies and tooling associated with databases and big data
- Relational DB (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Big Data (i.e. Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Strong software engineering principles and experience in OO or functional programming in Java/Python or equivalent language
- Systems performance and optimization experience with an eye for how systems architecture and design impacts performance and scalability
- Knowledge of best practices around DB administration and data governance
What we’re looking for
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of general software development
- Ability to mentor and support more junior members of the Team
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Comfortable owning the full data vertical and work autonomously
- Ability to work with end users to solve technical challenges
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
What Do We Offer:
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership).
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Employee assistance program
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs