Data Scientist (Starlink Simulation)
Redmond, WA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DATA SCIENTIST (STARLINK SIMULATION)
Starlink is reliable, high-speed internet for the entire world. SpaceX needs a Data Scientist to optimize this network by breaking down data and running simulations of possible designs and operational schemes. This individual will work closely with technical and business teams to evolve the Starlink constellation as well as develop and deliver groundbreaking services around the world. As a data scientist servicing needs for Starlink, you will bring in the latest and greatest machine learning technologies, and turn insights from petabytes of space hardware data into actionable insights and autonomous applications.
- Simulate the Starlink network to optimize the current and future network.
- Generate projections for network capabilities versus time as more satellites are launched.
- Analyze network performance and validate models as predictors of a good user experience.
- Perform technical and business analysis trades.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, or a STEM discipline.
- 2+ years of experience with Python.
- 1+ years of experience with signal processing and/or deep learning libraries (PyTorch/Tensorflow).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with Linux environments and command line.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability to parse technical subjects on a deep level.
- Demonstrated ability to jump into ill-defined problem spaces and drive positive outcomes.
- Self-starter attitude, energy, and the ability to communicate effectively across business and technical disciplines.
- Knowledge of software development life-cycle and release process.
- Experience developing applied machine learning applications end-to-end outside of classroom settings.
- Experience designing and utilizing relational database (SQL).
- Experience with agile software development techniques, test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Background in linear algebra, dynamical systems and control theory.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs