Data Analytics Manager
Who We Are
At Wayfair, our strong technology offerings help our customers find and order the perfect products for their needs, and it’s our award-winning, in-house customer service team that brings a human touch and empathy to help build brand trust and customer loyalty. Our Customer Service team has offices in Galway, Berlin and EU Virtual teams and our focus is continuously innovating and improving to offer the Best in Class Customer Experience.
The ‘Create Standards’ team leverages a creative approach and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that are most impactful to create the best possible customer experience through designing journeys to enable us to provide the highest level of care. This team is highly cross-functional and working in close partnership with Senior leadership and global stakeholders to solve the most complex problems across a variety of operational workstreams. The Create team is an internal team that acts as a lighthouse for the wider business, that seeks to make improvements by shining the light on the true customer experience, learning from the good and the bad and driving change through people allocation, processes, and technology. The team is cross-functional in their approach, working with teams such as R&D, Transportation & Logistics, Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning, etc. in order to drive impactful changes across the business.
What You'll Do
- Define and develop the 3-6 months plan and roadmap for the cross journey data analytics team. Be the end to end owner of the workstream and initiatives that come into data analytics team
- Design and implement appropriate data architecture, data pipelines and reporting data. Develop data visualizations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to all relevant stakeholders and integration partners.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders (other verticals in Service like Quality management, Execute standards and various Operations teams) to evaluate the incoming requests, assess impact of those initiatives, prioritize the work for the team and drive implementation
- Through data analysis and insights and in consultation with Service leaders provide high impact recommendations to support relevant business and operational improvements to achieve targets as well goals across various organizational metrics.
- Manage and mentor a team of analysts, work closely with the team to help remove data related or technical roadblocks
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through hypothesis based data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Act as a subject matter expert to leadership for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the Operations organization.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in analytics, business intelligence, or project management roles.
- Meaningful project and process experience (2 Years+) – proven ability to thrive and innovate in a fast paced and dynamic environment, comfortable managing through ambiguity and has demonstrated experience owning projects E2E.
- Strong technical aptitude and business acumen with demonstrated experience leveraging data from a multitude of sources to solve complex problems, tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Team leadership experience
- Willing to drive new initiatives and ability to drive multiple threads of work to completion
- Proficient knowledge in using TSQL, GCP, GBQ, Excel VBA, R, Python or other languages
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses and advanced analytical skills and technical proficiency in tools such as BigQuery, Data Studio, Looker, Excel and a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced data driven environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs