Senior Data Engineer
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Minimum Experience: 5+ years
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionizing the way businesses and governments know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, and brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and have raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced Data Engineer interested in working in both streaming and batch processing environments [Kafka streaming, Kinesis, Spark, SCALA, Java], writing, upgrading and scheduling ETLs that produce meaningful analytic insights for an innovative, data-intensive product. You excel at integrating data from different sources, you are intellectually curious about analytics frameworks and you are well-versed in the advantages and limitations of various big data architectures and technologies. You are also comfortable using SQL for exploratory analyses and data validation. Importantly, you understand the importance of communication in engineering and how essential it is to appreciate business metrics and business needs when building out new data analytics pipelines. You have a history of mentoring other engineers, you give your time generously and you know when to ask for help.
You will be a lead data engineer responsible for architecting and building highly-performant and maintainable analytic pipelines with the best of current technologies including both batch and streaming environments. You will write and maintain ETLs and APIs and consult with other teams on how to improve theirs. You will schedule jobs and manage workflows in support of both product and our AI/Data Science pipeline, and you’ll be introduced to our unique ingest and processing pipelines that turn publicly available data into breaking, real-world alerts that are routed to our customers all over the world. In the first month, you’ll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our data processing pipelines and data structures with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- share responsibility for ETLs and APIs with other members of your team.
- help to plan new infrastructure features and improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our analytics strategy.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- own an area of the analytics platform.
- design and implement pipelines that impact multiple teams across the company.
- be influential in helping plan the next iteration of our analytics platform.
- bring new ideas to our engineering and analytics processes to help us continuously improve.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-ID
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs