Head of Data & Analytics
Theale, England, United Kingdom
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Head of Data & Analytics to innovate, win, and grow with us!
At Bottomline we believe that the way Businesses & Banks trade & transact should be much simpler, faster & more secure. Specifically the manner in which they pay, and get paid, and many of the surrounding processes are mired in legacy technology, processes & practices and ripe for disrupting with the intelligent application of the right technology.
Our obsession is in solving these issues for our target markets and we believe that the advent of cloud technologies, artificial intelligence and digitisation provides us with the right technology tools to do so.
Bottomline has an ambitious purpose and our broad portfolio of propositions reflect that, mainly we focus on;
- Solutions to help corporates – Cloud propositions that help businesses of all size manage their Payables, Receivables and Money Management challenges – on both a domestic & international basis
- Solutions to help Financial Services organisations – Cloud propositions that enable players in the Fin Serv space - from Challenger Banks & new FinTech entrants, to long established players – protect, innovate & grow their businesses by taking changing the way they connect, consume & provide Payments, Cash Mgt & Wealth Mgt services.
To support the next generation of innovation & growth of these solutions we are investing in a wide reaching program called BottomlineIQ. In conjunction with our CTO team this will be the pathway for all of our future solution innovations to be built on, and will provide a technology path for our existing portfolio. A key part of this program is the DnA Hub – a shared set of data services to facilitate the data-led and ML transformation journey of Bottomline’s products.
We're looking for an experienced, ambitious and hands-on Senior Data Product Manager to define, operationalise and support product lines to commercialise our DnA Hub. This is an opportunity for someone with a deep experience in building data products and technology - that have created significant value for organisations and their customers. The role is part of the BTIQ product team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Form a clear product vision and principles for DnA Hub as a product within BT
- Formulate and continually curate a product strategy for Data & Analytics that drives new growth opportunities across the business. Work with and across Product lines to embed this in their product strategies, as well as finding new, cross product line, opportunities that would be otherwise missed
- Roadmap – own the roadmap of DnA capabilities based on overall strategy and prioritised by commercial initiatives agreed with Product lines and exec team
- Work directly with PO’s to prioritise and curate the product backlog and ensure we are designing & delivering innovative DnA capabilities
- Work with the overall Data team – Engineering, Data Science etc – to deliver on DnA, and rollout, DnA capabilities per the roadmap
- Run education & enablement programs across BT to stimulate a “data first” approach to innovation and ensure uptake & usage of DnA Hub.
- Mentoring Product Managers, and working with Technology to create a new data team along with a cutting-edge data platform
- Be the “voice of BT DnA Strategy” with Marketing and also supporting strategic conversations with customers. Provide sales enablement training & tools to help the S&M teams represent our DnA strategy in a winning way
- Identify and work with the product lines & partners to create an ecosystem model for data that supports and surrounds BT growth – ingestion of 3rd party data, monetisation of BT data assets.
- Knowing when to apply ML/Deep Learning and statistical analysis
- Senior Product Manager with 5 years+ track record of creating innovative Data & Analytics solutions. Experienced in strategic and hands-on data roles.
- Experience in key data & analytics tools and strategies – Machine Learning, Analytics, Data Lakes/Stores, Data Visualisation etc, in particular delivering these in a SaaS environment
- Strong bias toward innovation and commercialisation. Have a passion for solving complex systems and data challenges.
- Able to provide direction to both direct reports (PO’s) and indirect (Data Engineering team)
- Strong communication & influencing skills at the snr management and executive level – internally and externally with customers & the broader market
- Able to work in a highly matrixed, global environment. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to lead from where they stand
- A highly competent and empathetic people manager, and able to lead, inspire, mentor and get individuals to bring their best to work everyday
- Highly collaborative, unafraid to seek advice and support from individuals across the organisation
- Have created data strategies, hired data teams and built platforms at scale with high transaction volumes. Payments or FinTech experience is a plus.
- Comfortable working in market talking to clients and prospects, collecting and analyzing data to determine product direction and define business requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or technology related field
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Remote working possible
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs