What We Do:
Uptake Canada delivers process driven SaaS applications that enable the complete operations of Industrial Equipment & Parts Sales and Service for a long list of verticals including Construction, Agriculture, Mining, Marine and Power Generation. When empowered with Uptake’s cutting-edge machine learning insights and recommendations, the result is a powerful platform that identifies sales opportunities that may be missed and customers problems before they happen, which ultimately generates greater revenue while saving customers money, time and lives.
What You will Do:
We are looking for an experienced SQL Developer to join our Cloud Platform team. In this position, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with a team of software professionals to deploy state-of-the-art web-based business applications for customers. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
Data Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Mapping and Data Ingestion
- Tenant Provisioning
- Product installation and configuration
- Developing SQL configuration scripts for onboarding and deployments
- Configuration issues triage and troubleshooting
- Backup\Restore, BCP in\out between different source and target environments
- Monitoring SQL Server performance
- Tuning and enhancing SQL objects such as stored procedures.
- Understand the need for extra effort and be willing and able to do what it takes to ensure success.
This position will sometimes require after-hours and weekend availability.
Data Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree in a Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in development and supporting Microsoft SQL and SQL objects
- Strong experience T-SQL, complex SQL stored procedures
- Previous experience with software development
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
- Experience manipulating SQL Server data (ETL, SQL queries, BCP).
- Experience with SQL Server Profiler and SQL Agent.
- Experience with SQL Server backup and restore, SQL Agent job scheduling a definite asset.
- Experience with Redgate SQL tools preferred
- Familiarity with Git and version control concepts
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- AWS experience preferred.
- Experience with installing and configuring IIS including version 7 and later.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Experience with Confluence
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will be a mix of strong technical skills and communication skills.
You should have experience with SQL development and database code tuning and enhancements, with hands-on experience. You should have strong communication skills to be successful both within the Platform team and with the other cross functional teams at Uptake Canada.
Our mission is to create delightful experiences for our customers through every interaction that they have with Uptake and you will be integral to that mission.
Why Work Here:
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs