HR Data Analyst
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mindvalley is one of the leading and most promising ed-tech companies on the planet. We have dominated the US market for Personal Growth Education and created a brand that is now powering athletes in every major US sports team and learning in major companies. But we're more than that. We're currently working on the most advanced learning system on the planet - a version of Ironman's Jarvis that utilizes AI and augmented reality to provide customize learning to turn anyone into a superhero. We make people better humans in every aspect of life and we are seeking the best engineers on the planet to come together to build the most advanced education platform our species has seen. If we achieve our goal we will be powering 100 countries, every company in the Fortune 500 and moving humanity towards a better future for the human race.
The HR Data Analyst role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to leverage their critical thinking and analytical skills to embed data analytics within the business and processes to better enable the business decisions and goals.
About the Role
The ideal candidate would bring a high level of curiosity with the ability to easily develop key visualizations and insights while balancing critical deadlines and competing priorities. The candidate will also have a growth mindset that will continually look for improvements to optimize our current processes.
The position provides many opportunities for growth by working in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional departments.
The HR Data Analyst will collect, compile, and analyze HR data, metrics, and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to recruitment, organization strategy, retention, performance, engagement, and legal compliance. The HR Data Analyst will compile, structure, and analyze data to make conclusions that help streamline HR processes and to achieve business goals.
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors practices, and other sources.
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover, performance reviews and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports of data results with clear and concise visualizations, identifying key trends and insights, presenting and explaining findings to senior leadership.
- Prepares data for compensation or total reward surveys.
- Creates a live HR dashboard which includes historical data for day to day reference.
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics.
- Based on metrics and analysis, make recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture including suggestions to attract and hire qualified candidates, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- May guide and/or assist with onboarding, performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation processes.
- Evaluates and assists in development or improvement of processes and procedures.
- Serves as a key resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other functional departments and internal stakeholders
- Performs system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades.
- Performs application upgrades, as well as providing training and technical support.
- Develops and implements new processes and systems for efficient HR management.
- Optimize HRIS processes, integrating new or existing softwares, and performing diagnostic tests.
- Ensuring the efficient recording and secure storage of HR metrics, including attendance and employee performance data.
- Performs audits on HR processes and documents, including hiring, termination of service, and payroll administration, when required.
- At least 2 years of experience in human resources analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good research abilities and highly detailed oriented
- Deep understanding of HR processes including hiring, payroll and employee benefits
- General understanding of local, state, and federal laws in Malaysia, Estonia and the United States involving employment, HR, and HR policies would be an advantage
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software
- Proficiency in a programming language (preferably Python or R) for statistical analysis is a plus
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs