Data Engineering Manager
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
You’ll work in our Tempe, AZ or Kirkland, WA office. Your manager is in Tempe, AZ.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
We are part of GoDaddy’s Data and Analytics team. Our team is globally distributed and are focused on providing data solutions to various internal analytics teams.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create a platform to drive deep insights around GoDaddy’s business to help our customers succeed in theirs.
- Lead a globally distributed team of data engineers (50% leading and 50% hands-on design and development of solutions)
- Interface with our Business Analytics team, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets our BA teams will use to drive key business decisions.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Tune and ensure query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Learn and understand a broad range of GoDaddy’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
- Develop and deploy high-performance data pipelines using technologies such as Python, Spark, EMR, and Airflow
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience in data modeling, ETL/ELT development, and Data Warehousing.
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud data engineering (S3, RDS, Redshift & EMR)
- 1+ years of experience in leading the teams
- Experience working with Big Data solutions (Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Data pipeline performance tuning.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm.
You might also have...
- Experience in MS SQL Server (SQL server, Stored procs, SSIS) is a plus
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs