Sr. Data Engineer - Analytics
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the team
Cloud Analytics will enable the internal HashiCorp audience to discover, access and leverage product data to derive intrinsic value that helps our business and customers grow. In order to achieve this, we are building a storage layer that acts as a one-stop hub to store product data across the HashiCorp product suite and an access layer to facilitate data discovery and access. We provide tooling and infrastructure to help our customers with a seamless onboarding and ramp up experience.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have built or operated a real time analytics pipeline at scale.
- Have experience with tools similar to Segment, Looker, Heap, RedShift, RDS.
- You are familiar with microservice architectures, and ideally, have seen them in operation at a global scale.
- You have prior experience working in high performance distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems.
Additional notes about a candidate:
- Flexible thinker, willing to challenge one’s own ideas
- Wants feedback and able to incorporate that feedback into work
- Collaborative, communicative -- we’ll be working across a lot of different teams so building relationships is going to be super important
- Able to influence others and work with teams to advice them on best practices
- Doesn’t need to be as senior as Abhishek but someone who is very interested in growing their skills
- Someone who understands basic data concepts (data lake vs data warehouse, etc.)
- Doesn’t jump to solutionizing immediately but wants to understand the problem the problem first
- I think we will be writing a lot of standards and best practices, so solid documentation skills and a willingness to contribute to this, do research, etc.
- Someone who wants to build a solid team and culture because this is a small team that will grow quickly.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs