Lead Data Engineer - Automation
New York or USA (remote)
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media, and the broader Internet to verify identities in real time. Socure’s customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. Socure is funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
At Socure, the only way we can further our mission of becoming the single trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our US Data Science team and help to lead our growing Automation team.
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, machine learning is at the core of the solutions we build. It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale and automate our internal operations.
The DS Automation team is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines and core tooling to support the Fraud & Risk and Client Analysis teams at Socure. If you are a seasoned *Data Engineer*/Data Science Engineer who enjoys operationalizing complex workflows or building tools for others, and have a nose for automating data science work, we’d love to meet and talk about your experiences!
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will build and maintain production-level python libraries. Additionally, you’ll drive best practices in version control and continuous integration / delivery
- Leverage open-source tools and cloud computing technologies
- Own and drive initiatives from conception to completion and production monitoring
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, product teams and other key stakeholders
- You will work in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- You will work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Data Science, Infrastructure and Product teams to define the strategy and roadmap of our automation team.
- Enable a wide team of Data Scientists to perfect our products and expand our offering and offer easy and secure access to data for engineering teams to deliver faster.
What You’ll Bring:
- You have strong previous experience in data engineering, software engineering, data science or research
- You are comfortable owning strategic initiatives end to end and working cross-functionally to ensure technical alignment.
- You use your technical experience to educate your peers in data engineering technologies, data science and automation.
- You’re familiar with best practices in the data engineering community and have strong opinions but are flexible and open minded and are able and willing to consider other points of view
- You have experience working with relational and NoSQL databases. Data warehousing experience, particularly with Snowflake or Redshift, is a plus
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate terabyte-scale data pipelines and services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security and quality
- You develop with an empathy for people and how they use your work, particularly with translating requests from data scientists and other stakeholders into requirements
- You have a strong python programming background and pride yourself on writing clean, testable code
- You have experience with containerization (Docker) and container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes; experience with data workflow managers such as Drake, Luigi, or Airflow is a bonus
- You have experience with cloud ecosystems. Experience with AWS is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs