Data Analytics / Data Engineering Intern
Virtuagym is one of the leading and fastest-growing innovators in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution and multiple native apps to users worldwide. We serve over 15 million end-users, 30,000 trainers and more than 7,000 health clubs around the globe.
As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership of projects and to develop your skills and experience with us. Our talented staff of 200+ is based out of two locations: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO. We love to keep the company culture dynamic, informal and fun.
This is a rare opportunity - the type of internship that just doesn’t come around very often. If you’re looking to gain experience in the world of data-analytics, international business, innovation, and technology, then this is for you! As Data Analytics / Data Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on new data-driven innovations; Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning - everything is possible.
What the role is all about
During this exciting internship you will support one of our awesome innovations in which we are using the data generated by millions of app-users. You’ll be challenged in a fast moving environment with exceptional learning opportunities. You’ll be a respected member of the Data team and have the opportunity to deliver your own projects. In addition, you’ll work closely with the business intelligence and analytics departments, getting the chance to develop a range of professional skills and expertise. So if you’re confident, ambitious and driven by results, then we’d love to have you on board.
- Create value out of billions of rows of data generated by thousands of clients and millions of consumers
- Connect, transform and analyze (Big-)data
- Visualize and analyze different datasets to empower various teams in the organization to make strategic decisions
- Learn all about Project Management, Product Management, BI, Data Science & AI
- Be part of a talented international team of data scientists and product managers
What you'll bring to the team
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) or another related field;
- You are enrolled at an EU University, and are already living in the Netherlands/open to move to the Netherlands;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with great initiative and work ethic;
- Full English working proficiency (verbal and written);
- Strong analytical and technical skills;
- Proactive and full of new ideas;
- Eager to use and create valuable data insights by using the latest technologies in the area of BI and Data Science (we’ve got licenses!);
- You are available for a full-time internship for at least 5 months;
- An interest in health, fitness, nutrition, productivity and/or workplace wellness are additional assets.
Here’s why you should come work with us
A challenging full-time internship within a young, fast-growing and international company. Despite our recent growth we still have (and cherish!) our “non-corporate start-up culture”, where a great atmosphere and building cool new stuff is what it’s all about. You’ll get the chance to build the most awesome things using the latest technologies, which are used by millions of people worldwide, thus helping us innovate the global fitness industry. You’ll get as much responsibility as you’re willing to take on, allowing you to grow as a professional within our company and gain valuable experience in your field.
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues, having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
- You’ll be joining a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities across our offices in Amsterdam and Medellin, working in an informal and fun environment ;
- An opportunity to work on your university project, the time you need for this task can be discussed with your supervisor;
- An opportunity to grow and get practical knowledge by working closely with your supervisor and our team;
- We are remote-friendly, so you'll have the option to work both from home and in the office (when possible);
- Stay healthy with our Health Program: we provide a monthly contribution towards your gym subscription and a Friends & Family gym discount;
- We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions and Lunch & Learns with interesting speakers.
Are you ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below! Please apply with your English CV and cover letter.
For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team at email@example.com.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs