Oxford, United Kingdom
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Viator engineering team in Oxford, United Kingdom. Viator is a world leading marketplace for experiences and is part of TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site. The Viator team consists of world-class experts in SEO, usability, marketing, and of course, technology. Bring your skills and enthusiasm to this collaborative team.
The role will see you implementing our data strategy within our marketplace platform that connects tour operators, travellers and third party distributors, including e-Commerce websites and multiple backend systems. You will work alongside our agile development teams using the latest technologies to deliver solutions in a fast paced and complex environment. If you are looking to be challenged technically and have fun, this is the place for you!
We'd love for you to have:
- Expertise and industry experience working with data warehouses, data lakes and reporting tools.
- Experience building data pipelines and streaming / processing large amounts of data to / from cloud environments.
- An understanding of CI/CD approach to platform builds.
- A history of researching and trying out new technologies.
- An understanding of software development fundamentals: testability, performance, simplicity - in essence, clean code.
- A passion for working within a team (we prize our team culture) and the ability to work more autonomously from time to time.
- Eagerness to learn our business domain (without understanding our domain, we can’t get information from our data).
Nice to have:
- Experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Python, Bash, C#.
- Industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience leveraging machine learning to solve real problems.
- An interest or involvement in open source software.
- A degree in computer science or a related field (Science, Mathematics etc.).
- A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs