Lead Data Engineer
Oxford, United Kingdom
Lead Data Engineer
At Tripadvisor, we believe there’s good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world’s largest travel site, we’re here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence — and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travellers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you’ll have the opportunity to do the same.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Viator engineering team in Oxford, United Kingdom. Viator is a world leading marketplace for experiences and is part of TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site. The Viator team consists of world-class experts in SEO, usability, marketing, and of course, technology. Bring your skills and enthusiasm to this collaborative team.
The role will see you defining and implementing our data strategy within our marketplace platform that connects tour operators, travellers and third party distributors, including e-Commerce websites and multiple backend systems. You will work alongside our agile development teams using the latest technologies to deliver solutions in a fast paced and complex environment. If you are looking to be challenged technically and have fun, this is the place for you!
We'd love for you to have:
- Expertise and industry experience working with data warehouses, data lakes and reporting tools.
- Experience building data pipelines and streaming / processing large amounts of data to / from cloud environments.
- An understanding of CI/CD approach to platform builds.
- A history of researching and trying out new technologies.
- An understanding of software development fundamentals: testability, performance, simplicity - in essence, clean code.
- A passion for working within a team (we prize our team culture) and the ability to work more autonomously from time to time.
- The ability to lead both the business and delivery through strong engagement and influencing skills.
- Eagerness to learn our business domain (without understanding our domain, we can’t get information from our data).
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Python, Bash, C#.
- Industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience leveraging machine learning to solve real problems.
- An interest or involvement in open source software.
- A degree in computer science or a related field (Science, Mathematics etc.).
- A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs