Engineering Manager, Machine Learning (Retail Solution/SCM)
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Engineering Manager, Machine Learning
Job location: Chennai, India
About the Team
Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smart phone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Or thought about the retail supply chain that bring items from all over the world to your supermarket shelves? Kinaxis solves problems like that every day.
Our customers have terabytes of data that needs to be analyzed for the largest supply chains imaginable. Our applications move the global economy-- in seconds, not hours, or days.
It’s Big Data with an impact; Data Science on the front lines.
What You'll Do
- Make sound technical decisions to deliver complete solutions for customer
- Collaborate with R&D teams in Toronto and Ottawa to ship world class products in the demand and supply planning space for enterprise Retail customers
- Remove obstacles for your team, improve software development and work processes and facilitate communication with external stakeholders.
- Enable learning and knowledge transfer within your team. Coach your team on software engineering practices, agile delivery, and customer focus.
- Recruit, nurture and build a world class engineering team in Chennai.
- Serve your team members rather than tell them what to do, know their long-term goals and talents.
- Shape the future direction of Kinaxis as we move into new markets
What We are Looking for
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related)
- A love of data, algorithms AI, ML and the desire to apply them in the real world.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development management position where you’ve made mistakes, and learned
- Experience in building large scale, ML based enterprise products on the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Ability to manage and maintain existing products as well as introduce new features via continuous delivery
- Background in agile methodologies—not just training but real-world experience and expertise
- Solid background in OOPS and full stack development
- The commitment to help every member of your team perform better
Nice to have
- Having written production quality code for line of business applications
- Willing to roll up the sleeves and contribute to the team when needed
- Background in supply chain management and/or Retail solutions
- Experience in:
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence, reporting or enterprise planning systems
- Have taken ML projects to production
Technologies we use
- RapidResponse rich no-code application development environment
- Sophisticated internal testing tools to validate correctness and performance
- Virtual and cloud infrastructure including containerization for development, support and testing.
- Python, SQL, Spark, Jenkins, Docker, K8s ecosystem (e.g. helm, argo)
- GitHub, Jira.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs