Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly. We are building a new digital banking experience for immigrants and their families. The team is intensely customer-focused and comprised of startup veterans. It's all the best parts of an early-stage startup accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly.
About the Role:
As a Data Analyst at Passbook by Remitly, you turn opportunities into growth. Our team's goal is to guarantee a smooth experience for good customers and put friction in front of bad actors. You will help achieve this goal by analyzing customer behavior, identifying patterns of risk, building dashboards, and running experiments that help us balance superb customer experience with acceptable risk exposure. Reporting directly to the Head of Risk, you will work with product managers, engineers, and customer behavior investigators.
- Apply statistical and programming skills to convert raw data into insights that help us understand customer behavior, protect our customers, and offer them a better experience.
- Identify unwanted behavior and measure its impact using data.
- Make data accessible and understandable by building dashboards and developing insights.
- Design and run experiments that measure customer impact vs risk exposure, segment customers, and empower data-driven business and product decisions.
- Biased for action: willing to build the first prototype, and continuously improve based on your learnings.
- Empathize with our good customers but also think like a fraudster.
- Have a bachelor's degree in a technical or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, or related field).
- 3+ years of experience translating analysis into recommendations in a B2C environment.
- 2+ years of experience building reports and models (e.g., SQL, spreadsheet modeling, R, Python).
- Experience with data visualization and related tools (e.g., Tableau, Periscope).
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs