Lead, Computer Vision Researcher/Engineer, Hand Tracking
Sunnyvale, CA; Toronto, ON; Zurich, Switzerland
We have an exciting opportunity on our Perception team for a strong leader with exceptional development/research skills in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. The primary responsibility of the role is to lead the research and development of multiple core components for hand pose/shape estimation and gesture recognition. The candidate’s responsibilities extend to working closely with the executive team to establish the scope and schedule of the product critical projects, drive the formation of technical teams and ensure a cohesive alignment of all essential technical expertises by setting optimal communication strategies. The lead researcher/engineer must come with a world recognized expertise in at least one of the following core technical areas of geometric vision and machine learning: hand detection, hand pose estimation, standard parameterized 3D hand shape model and hand gesture recognition. Qualified candidates will be driven self-starters, robust thinkers, strong collaborators, effective leaders and adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. We look for colleagues that are passionate about our product and embody our values.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the research and development team within the Computer Vision group.
- Lead the research and development effort of advanced product-critical computer vision components covering key product critical perception features such as head pose tracking, eye tracking, environment mapping, sensor calibration.
- Define and execute the roadmap of new features.
- Actively contribute to Magic Leap Intellectual Property and publish the research findings in peer-reviewed conferences.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers across the company using computer vision components.
- Support overall research engineering and architecture efforts of computer vision and machine learning components.
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality geometric vision and machine learning modules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within the computer vision group and with other key stakeholders.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in Computer Vision components.
- 7+ years of working experience in Computer Vision targeted to product development.
- Experience leading engineering teams from first concept to ship.
- World recognized expert knowledge and strong leadership experience in Computer Vision with extensive publication record and specialization in at least one of the following domains:
- Sensor Calibration: Design and implement algorithms for online and offline intrinsic and extrinsic calibration of complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors, and imagers. Collaborate with other engineers on the design and deployment of fully automatic robotics-aided calibration processes targeted for factory production.
- Hand Pose Estimation and Tracking: Research, architect and hands-on experience on the hand or body pose estimation and tracking. Be familiar with the standard parameterized 3D hand or body shape model.
- Computer vision algorithms on device: Research, architect, and implement high-performance computer vision software on device with state-of-the-art capabilities.
- Expert level in C/C++ (programming and debugging).
- Experience working with OpenCV.
- Experience in Deep Learning with knowledge of at least one of TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Knowledge of parallel computing, OpenCL, CUDA, GPGPU is a plus.
- Knowledge of software optimization and embedded programming is a plus.
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience).
- Ph.D. is preferred (with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience).
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs