San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Data Engineer.
What you will do:
- Maintain and improve our data warehouse (Redshift) and data lake.
- Design and build batch and streaming pipelines using Airflow, Spark, Kinesis/Kafka, S3, Redshift, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Assist our Data Science and Analytics teams with DAGs, data modeling and data validation.
- Assist our product teams with designing and building out our Analytics Platform, ML Platform and Discovery Platform.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years experience in a Data Engineering role
- 4+ years experience developing in Python and/or Scala.
- 4+ years working with databases and writing SQL.
- Experience with databases such as Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, ElasticSearch. Clickhouse etc.
- Experience building data pipelines using such tools as Airflow, Databricks/EMR, Kafka/Kinesis, Hadoop/Hive, S3, etc.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and configuration management systems, such as terraform, ansible, etc.
Projects you may work on:
- Revamp our data warehouse with new access controls and monitoring for improved performance.
- Work with data science to build new analytics pipelines and improve existing pipelines.
- Work with product engineers to build a product-facing analytics platform. This will involve such projects as real time traffic and click aggregation and maintenance of an ElasticSearch cluster.
- Work with ML Engineers to build model training and deployment pipelines.
- Work with search and discovery engineers building out a discovery platform.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Data Warehouse and Pipelining best practices
- On a team of 5-10 determining the long-term data architecture of Patreon.
- AWS Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Databases, Databricks.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs