Data Engineer - AI
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
What are we doing?
At Talkdesk we are reimagining how people experience contact centers, helping our customers create long lasting and meaningful relations with their customers. These relations are made of individual interactions where communication is supported on the language we all learn since the first day we are born. The language that we humans learn to master over the years and use almost without thinking about it. That's how we express our thoughts, feelings and needs when we reach out to a contact center.
The capacity to make sense of the message that is being conveyed when we communicate has been reserved to humans alone, but we are building the next generation of solutions that will mimic our ability to understand language, ensuring that the customer needs are always well understood and efficiently handled. We are a growing team of curious and talented people that is focused on leveraging the power of Natural Language Processing to deliver added value to our customers whenever possible.
- Develop, deploy and maintain Big Data solutions that will ingest, process and store the necessary data to power Talkdesk’s Data Science, BI and Analytics solutions.
- Design batch or streaming dataflows capable of processing large quantities of fast moving unstructured data.
- Monitoring dataflows and underlying systems, promoting the necessary changes to ensure scalable, high performance solutions and assure data quality and availability.
- Work closely with data scientists and the rest of Talkdesk’s engineering to deliver world class data driven solutions.
- Strong understanding of distributed computing principles and with distributed systems
- Building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Spark-Streaming, Flink, Kafka Streams, Storm or similar
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark or Samza
- Experience with Big Data analytical tools, such as Hive, Impala, Presto or Drill
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have / Pluses
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a similar area
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs