Big Data Architect - Real Time, APIs
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working in the construction of a Data Platform that will help teams working with data to deliver real-time answers at scale through dynamical API endpoints, this platform will be core for the success of zooplus in the future:
- You will be part of an agile team focusing on converting the aggregated data into actionable components that could be consumed by other delivery engineering teams via APIs, Events or other transactional interfaces.
- Everything will be deployed in the AWS cloud, and you will also help your team to face and solve infrastructure challenges with excellent technical approaches.
- You would help to drive the technical architecture of the system, assisting the rest of the team, teaching on design and implementation when needed, and representing the team in front of internal stakeholders.
- You will help the team on hands-on research and development of spikes to reduce uncertainty and help them overcome technical challenges when creating new features.
- You will work closely with the Engineering Manager to help on the creation of a continuous improvement culture for the team, alongside your teammates.
In the Data & Analytics area, we pursue an agile culture and our way of working is composed of Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Lean Software practices. The cross-functional dev team holds full ownership, from idea to production with a DevOps mindset: you build it you run it.
What you will be responsible for:
- Working on the development of our Data Platform, closely together in a team of DataOps Engineers, in an agile environment.
- Drive the technical architecture, helping wherever is needed to the team and other teams of the area.
- Represent the team in front of internal stakeholders and cover the high-level layer of the architecture.
- Take care of the costs, high-availability and scalability of the system.
- Work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions
What we are looking for:
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include:
- BS/M. Tech in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building Real-Time Data Solutions in similar size companies
- Solid distributed systems knowledge, including software architecture and SQL skills
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of APIs with a high volume of traffic.
- Expertise in Big Data and DWH/ETL best practices
- Experience working with data technologies in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience working with Scrum and other agile methods.
- Comfortable with the idea of cross-functional teams
- Fluent English
What we are offering you:
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
🏠 Remote working flexibility.
🏬 Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
🏥 Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English, German and Spanish language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs