Senior, Computer Vision Researcher/Engineer, Object Tracking
Sunnyvale, CA; Zurich Switzerland
We have an exciting opportunity on our Perception team for individuals with strong development/research skills in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. The primary responsibility of the role is to lead the research and development of multiple core components for 3D object detection, 6 DOF Pose estimation and scene understanding. The researcher/engineer must come with a world recognized expertise in at least one of the following core technical areas of geometric vision and machine learning: object detection, object pose estimation, semantic segmentation, 3D reconstruction, object tracking. Qualified candidates will be driven self-starters, robust thinkers, strong collaborators, effective leaders and adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. We look for colleagues that are passionate about our product and embody our values.
- Build the research and development effort of advanced product-critical computer vision components covering key product critical perception features such as head pose tracking, eye tracking, environment mapping, sensor calibration.
- Define and execute the roadmap of new features.
- Actively contribute to Magic Leap Intellectual Property and publish the research findings in peer-reviewed conferences.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers across the company using computer vision components.
- Support overall research engineering and architecture efforts of computer vision and machine learning components.
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality geometric vision and machine learning modules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in Computer Vision components.
- 2+ years of working experience in Computer Vision targeted to product development.
- World recognized expert knowledge and strong leadership experience in Computer Vision with extensive publication record and specialization in at least one of the following domains:
- 3D Reconstruction : Design and implement algorithms for building 3d models utilizing complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors, and imagers.
- Object Pose Estimation and Tracking: Research, architect and hands-on experience on the object detection/pose estimation and tracking.
- Computer vision algorithms on device: Research, architect, and implement high-performance computer vision software on device with state-of-the-art capabilities.
- Expert level in C/C++ (programming and debugging).
- Experience working with OpenCV.
- Experience in Deep Learning with knowledge of at least one of TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Knowledge of parallel computing, OpenCL, CUDA, GPGPU is a plus.
- Knowledge of software optimization and embedded programming is a plus.
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience).
- Ph.D. is preferred (with a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience).
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs