Test Automation Developer (Python)- Machine Learning
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Test Automation Developer, Machine Learning
About the team
Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smartphone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Kinaxis solves problems like that every day.
Our customers have terabytes of data to analyze for some of the largest supply chains imaginable. Our algorithms move the global economy in seconds and minutes, not hours, or days.
Test Developers at Kinaxis develop automated test software to deliver innovative solutions that accelerate the transition towards intelligent supply chains. We develop Machine Learning solutions to surface complex relationships and patterns across billions of data elements driving supply chain performance.
We are looking for talented people with entrepreneurial drive to join our growing team of Test Developers.
Who you are
- You have a passion for taking Machine Learning to production to solve real-world problems.
- You thrive on delivering a quality product to customers and care deeply about testing best practices and efficient test strategies.
- You enjoy math/statistics and taking on the new challenges that testing Machine Learning software brings into the mix.
- You are familiar with testing enterprise grade software at scale to validate solutions with massive impact.
- You prefer a fast-paced agile work environment and take pride in finding product defects.
- You love to keep on top of the latest and greatest techniques in ML testing innovations and are opinionated about their use
- You work hand-in-hand with Software Developers and Data Scientists, and your passion is to identify and solve product and test gaps.
- You have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution.
- You take pride in enhancing and supporting our products
- You’re a strong believer in Continuous Integration, and the DevOps mindset
- You communicate fluidly, at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood.
- You like working in teams, mentoring, and sharing neat things you come across
What you will do
- Design, develop, and support automated tests and corresponding infrastructure enhancements for all aspects of our Machine Learning platform software, including the areas of: ML Pipelines, Data engineering, High-availability, Fault-tolerance, Scalability, Privacy and Security
- Develop test strategies, test plans and automated test software for new Machine Learning features and services
- Work closely with ML developers, Product Management and Professional Services teams to build and support the product
- Analyze, scope, review, and estimate test development activities
- Be the subject matter expert of your areas of the product
- Mentor less experienced team members
What we are looking for
- You have 2+ years of experience developing automated tests for software projects in industry.
- You have strong programming skills in Python.
- You have a sound grasp of OOP concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- You have a proven understanding of distributed computing architectures.
- You have working experience with microservices, containerization and deploying software in the cloud.
- You are rigorous in software design life cycle best practices.
- You have a disciplined approach to writing automated tests.
- You easily articulate complex concepts in writing and speech.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Considered an asset:
- Experience validating Security, Scale and Performance of Big Data software solutions
- Python development experience with ML libraries and Pandas data frames
- Experience with testing platform services in enterprise software
- Experience with data streaming, data transformation and modern data stores.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs