Senior Data Scientist (Analytics Group)
About SecurityScorecardFunded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
The Corporate Insights and Analytics team in SecurityScorecard is a new team with a new mission. Our goal is to apply data science techniques to corporate data to improve company operations, enhance experiments, and produce data-oriented marketing content. We do this by using statistical techniques (hypothesis tests, distribution modeling etc.), data science tools (SQL, Python, PySpark, Pandas etc.), and data visualization tools (Bokeh, Tableau etc.). We work hand-in-hand with other departments including marketing, product management, revenue operations, and sales.
What you will do
- Provide guidance and analysis for different departments using statistical methods. This may include A/B test analysis and evaluation using other methods, for example, difference-in-difference and instrumental variables. All analysis will be using Python scripts you will develop in house. You may be asked to develop analysis using cutting-edge analysis methods.
- Provide statistical analysis of sales data to find areas of opportunity and improvement. This may include finding correlations in data, linking data across multiple data sets, and finding clear and compelling ways to present the results. You will use tools like Python, Pandas, PySpark, SQL etc. and statistical techniques like correlation, significance tests and distribution modelling.
- Create new marketing content by analyzing SecurityScorecard’s data. This will include security vulnerability data, cyber threat data, and data on corporations. You will combine these data sources, provide statistically rigorous analysis, and present your results in a clear and compelling way. To do this you will use Scikit-learn, Numpy, SciPy for analysis and Bokeh, Altair, Tableau or other tools for data visualization.
- Improve data quality by automating issue detection. This includes ensuring different databases are consistent by developing consistency tests and tests of data sanity. You will need to be creative to build these tests which may include statistical modelling.
- Produce reports on the company’s internal data for the executive team and others.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a major or minor in a quantitative/technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Finance, etc. Ideally, your degree will have a statistical component. Candidates with Master’s degrees or PhDs are preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with typical cloud-based data science stack tools: Python, SQL, PySpark, Pandas, Databricks (or the equivalent). Experience with cloud technologies, for example, AWS.
- Familiarity and experience with statistical concepts (normal and non-normal distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals).
- Ability to communicate clearly and well in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well with non-technical people and people in other disciplines.
- A desire to use data science techniques in a business context.
- Willingness to learn about cyber security.
- Any experience with BI tools is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs