New York, New York
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Why you would love working with us
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, diversity + inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
Justworks is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability to build, deploy and maintain large-scale, data-driven solutions. You love to take on complex data-related problems and will help create and maintain large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines that will directly influence business decisions as well as contribute to improving the quality of our data tools and large scale data infrastructure.
We work with a variety of open-source/home grown tools in a variety of languages and we want you to be excited about learning/contributing to all of it.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to find solutions to customer challenges
- Create and optimize our data pipeline architecture
- Build and maintain data access platform for our data science team and company wide
- Design and implement ETL processes through cloud based solutions (S3, Redshift)
- Improve our data tools and contribute to scaling our data infrastructure
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional hands-on experience
- Knowledge of data modeling, data access and data storage techniques
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- Strong experience with databases, SQL, writing and debugging
- Working knowledge of bash scripting
- Experience with cloud-based data solutions (AWS preferred)
- Working understanding of code and scripting languages (Ruby, Python, bash)
Technologies We Use:
- Ruby on Rails, Python, MySQL, AWS, Git
- Elasticsearch, Docker, InfluxDB, RedshiftDiversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs