Staff Data Scientist, Ads Marketplace Analytics
San Francisco, New York City, Remote
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
We are looking for a Staff level Data Scientist to work with our Ads Marketplace product team. You will partner closely with cross functional team leaders such as Group Product Managers, Engineering Managers and leadership in utilizing data to drive decision making. In addition to strong analytical skills, you will have a keen business acumen and the big picture thinking that can guide our Marketplace strategy in a data driven manner.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Advertising is Reddit’s primary business model and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities that drive action. This large number of self-governed communities have highly-engaged users who are in an unduplicated mindset of consuming relevant information. This has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a massive and highly differentiated ads business.
We spent the past few years building the foundations of a modern ad serving system, building features to help brand and performance advertisers find their audiences on Reddit and get high ROI on their ad spend. We’re now building differentiated products on top of those foundations, utilizing data to drive the product decisions for both short and long term bets.
As a data scientist on the ads data science team, you’ll be a key player in ensuring we make the right product decisions based on data insights and help define the culture that is driven through metrics and KPIs. Reddit sits in a unique place, where there is still a lot of low hanging fruit that will immediately impact millions of users and thousands of advertisers.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will partner closely with our Ads Product and Engineering team, which is the core driver of revenue for the company. You’ll play a key role in developing Ads product strategy and experiments. You’ll play with petabytes of data full of user and advertiser interactions to develop a deeper understanding of Reddit’s ads ecosystem.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze conversations and behaviors across Reddit's 10,000 interest-based communities, and convert them into insights and product recommendations.
- Understand Reddit advertising and help the company improve Ads Revenue while simultaneously improving ROAS (Return on Ads Spend) for advertisers and ads quality for users.
- Conduct product/feature analyses, opportunity sizing, experimentation (A/B testing) and build dashboards/visualizations to assess product health.
- Organize data by designing table schemas, data pipelines, aggregations, alerts and general data infrastructure for the Ads Organization.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, UX Researchers, Data Engineers and Data Warehouse Engineers to lead projects related to organizing and analyzing data.
- Be an integral part of the Data Org, leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- 2+ years of experience in the digital advertising space
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs