Build the foundations for understanding StripeStripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars every year for hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. One third of Americans bought something on Stripe in the last year.
With all this data, the Data Science team is looking for talented engineers to help us manage business critical data leveraged across the entire organization. If you are data curious, excited about designing data pipelines, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
Every record in our data warehouse is vitally important for the businesses that use Stripe, so we’re looking for people with a strong background in data engineering and analytics to help us scale while maintaining correct and complete data. You’ll be working with a variety of internal teams across Engineering and Business to help them solve their data needs. Your work will provide teams with visibility into how Stripe’s products are being used and how we can better serve our customers.
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across Stripe.
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for product and business teams.
- Help the Data Science team apply and generalize statistical and econometric models on large datasets.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, develop relationships with production engineering teams to manage our data structures as the Stripe product evolves.
- Develop strong subject matter expertise and manage the SLAs for those data pipelines.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ideally 4+ Years of experience in a Data Engineering or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines or conducting data intensive analysis.
- A strong engineering background and are interested in data.
- Prior experience with writing and debugging data pipelines using a distributed data framework (Hadoop/Spark/Pig etc…)
- An inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues.
- Knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and architect shared datasets.
Some things you might work on:
- Develop unified user data schemas and tables that provide a complete view of the business across our various products such as Stripe Connect, Atlas, or Sigma.
- Build data pipelines that track our marketing funnel from visits to onboarding to active usage of Stripe.
- Work on our centralized experimentation platform to pipeline experiment metrics and compute descriptive statistics.
- Improve our data visualization tooling and platform at Stripe to help the team create dynamic tools and reporting.
You should include these in your application:
- LinkedIn profile.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs