Senior Data Scientist
New York, NY, United States
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a dedicated Senior Data Scientist who has experience sorting, analyzing, and delivering relevant information from massive amounts of unstructured data. You will have experience analyzing data, asking, and answering data-driven and key product/business questions. You will have experience building and integrating Deep Learning and Machine Learning models for production and communicating results to stakeholders from different groups. You will work with engineers, product managers and other teams to solve challenging problems with your data science skills. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products.
- Iterate quickly while making savvy choices in implementing approaches to analyze massive amounts of data.
- Work directly on all aspects of Data Science problems with other group members: from inception (brainstorming), to data exploration and implementation of methods created in-house, to productionizing approaches to apply our AI models.
- Work as a liaison between the AI Group and our team of Domain Experts in defining the right problems to address and in rapidly answering data-driven questions on impactful real-world events.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- M.S. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer science or a related field. Ph.D. studies in any field a plus (Math, Statistics, Physics, etc.).
- 5+ years of work experience in machine learning required (NLP, Computer Vision).
- Experience in Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative results in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs