Senior Data Scientist
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist to come aboard. In this role, you will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to uncover insights about how customers use Snowflake, helping to inform Product’s decision making and focus Engineering efforts. You will also work on long-running analytical initiatives marked by greater complexity and less structure that will yield substantial product enhancements. This is a strategic, high-impact role that will help shape the future of Snowflake products and services.
AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Sleuth through large amounts of data to uncover feature-usage patterns, subtle issues with the system, potential performance enhancements, and areas to improve user experience.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers and Product Managers to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities to create more value for our customers.
- Build dashboards to help Engineering and Product Managers monitor performance and availability of our system.
- Answer questions from executive team for board reporting, publications, and industry reports.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- BS/MS in quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering, or CS)
- Expert-level experience working with SQL and relational data (5+ years on a regular basis).
- 5+ years of experience with Python, including scikit-learn, numpy, and pandas.
- Experience working with large-scale machine generated data (e.g., log, application, or customer-usage data).
- Hands-on experience with MPP databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Vertica, etc.
- Ability to clearly present learnings to business leaders and technical stakeholders.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs