Senior Software Engineer - AI Research
New York, New York, United States
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director of AI Research
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to join our AI Research team. The AI Research team develops the cutting edge deep learning, NLP and ranking systems that power AlphaSense Search and Recommendations. You’ll work closely with a team of talented research and search engineers to deliver scalable solutions for our world class AI powered search platform.
Reporting to Peng Wang - Director of AI Research:
Peng leads the AI research team to develop and deploy intelligent solutions that are core to AlphaSense's mission: to organize the world’s business information and leverage technology to enable companies to make smarter, faster and more confident decisions. Previously, he worked as an engineer and tech lead at Google, designing large scale machine learning and NLP algorithms for various businesses. When he is away from books or computer screens, Peng likes to play badminton and explore trails in NJ and PA.
Who You Are:
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology is highly desired, but equivalent experience will be considered as well.
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying scalable cloud based backend services and APIs. Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS or GCP.
- A strong software engineer who can design large scale software systems, write high quality code, and fully test them.
- Experience in designing and implementing large scale data processing pipelines.
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a cross-functional distributed team environment
- If you have experience working on NLP algorithms or search (SOLR/Lucene) -- that’s a huge plus and we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design and build highly scalable backend services powering AlphaSense AI product features
- Work with AI Research Engineers to deploy machine learning models in production and own their life cycles
- Work closely with Product Management to translate product requirements into software architectures
- Work with partner engineer teams to design, develop and optimize our search and document processing platform
- Provide technical leadership to implement best practices for software development and align the AlphaSense AI research, product and engineer roadmaps
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs