Senior Data Scientist - Forecasting, Finance
San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the Team:
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from around the world. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which can be mined for insights that will propel our community and product forward. We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our Central Strategy and Insights team, focusing on Revenue forecasting. This role’s focus is to leverage product data and statistical models to improve our short and long term financial forecasting model.
This role is a data scientist role with a focus on modeling out forward looking financial metrics; we’re looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can understand drivers that are important for a rapidly growing business. Responsibilities will revolve around modeling the Homes business, driving revenue planning, evaluating ROI of investments and developing actionable insights to drive business growth. The best candidates will be those with a technical background that want to be close to the financial core of the business.
- Partner with a cross functional team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and FP&A Analysts to build the models underpinning the financial forecast.
- Communicate performance metrics, explaining the business reasons for variance from the forecast to our executive team and senior leaders across the company.
- Drive a deeper understanding of our business through leading deep dives across a variety of business topics.
- Utilize and help build Airbnb’s advanced statistical growth model to identify drivers of growth to perform monthly / quarterly forecast updates that will ultimately drive strategic decisions, financial planning, and external guidance on earnings calls.
- Manage a variety of stakeholders that provide inputs and consume outputs of the revenue forecast.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, econometrics, computer science); advanced degree is a plus
- 6+ years’ industry experience in data science, analytics, economic consulting, or finance (quant)
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/ senior management clearly and concisely
- Strong foundational understanding of statistics and work experience in running models in production.
- Advanced knowledge in financial modeling in excel
- Expert knowledge of SQL and experience with programming in R or Python
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs