Data Engineer Team Lead
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer Team Lead to join our Data / R&D center in TLV.
In this position you will become part of Via’s Data Modeling team.
As a Data Engineer TL you will be responsible for leading a Data Engineers’ team, helping enable mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service alongside cutting-edge algorithmic and analytics research for our full scale, multi location ride sharing service.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and support robust, scalable solutions to enhance data capabilities
- Lead, mentor and be the technical focal point for Data Engineers
- Define standards and development methodologies for the team
- Collaborate with a broad forum of experts and stakeholders, including architects and engineers, to create high quality deliverables
- Increase our analytics capabilities including first, second and third-party data sources
- Partner with data scientists and insights team members to build a real-time insights engine.
- Monitor data quality, proactively correcting discrepancies ensuring accuracy
- Lead on data privacy to ensure our policies are up to date with our intended activity
Who You are:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer Team Lead
- Experience in executing Big Data solutions and in processing unstructured and structured data into column store DBs
- Experience with Data streaming, Kafka, Airflow, knowledge in the Amazon ecosystem
- Have a solid background working with data warehousing technologies, such as Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with SQL and have advanced programming skills (preferably in Python)
- Have an ability to work in a complex technological environment
- An independent, self-learner who is passionate about data, understands business processes and can translate business needs into data models.
- Great leadership and interpersonal communication skills, passionate for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs