Sr. Data Scientist
Remote: United States
We are seeking an outstanding data scientist interested in working in the hot space of app store data and analytics to join the rapidly growing Data Science team at App Annie. App Annie is the gold standard for the mobile app market and first party data, leveraging a variety of datasources, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science to create market estimates and other KPI’s for mobile apps and publishers. We need self-driven and motivated performers to join our stellar team.
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What will you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“I discover trends, uncover app store application evaluation methodologies, and provide accurate insights based on these data. I work closely with Product Management, Engineering and other Data Analysts team members. I play a key role helping to drive the creation and delivery of new generation of exceptional App Annie products, and building and evolving our existing market-leading offerings.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- Gather requirements from Product Managers, and work with Product Management to refine product concepts and implement the data modeling needed to turn them into reality
- Support advanced customer requests
- Develop the heart of App Annie’s products, current and future
- Create and customize App Annie models and metrics
- Identify relationships within large and seemingly unrelated data
- Analyze public data that could be used to complement current and future projects
- Understand the entire App Annie system from a data point of view
- Deliver robust high quality data products
- Identify performance bottlenecks and provide optimization solutions
- Create quality indicators and diagnostics tools
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- A passion for everything to do with data and already have top-level experience working in data modeling and quantitative analysis
- An ability to solve challenging problems and provide innovative practical solutions quickly and efficiently
- 5 years work experience, including at least 2 years performing data modeling and quantitative analysis, preferably for Internet or technology companies. Experience in financial or medical industries can also be helpful
- Excellent data science skills, including a working knowledge of several of the following statistics packages and languages: Python including scikit-learn, Jupyter, SQL and Spark
- A proficiency with Linux OS
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools is a plus, such as Tableau Software.
- Strong presentation skills. Comfortable explaining data solutions in a business context to multiple stakeholders, e.g. product managers, senior management, etc.
- MS or PhD preferred in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- A passion for digital content and mobile apps is a definite plus
- The authorization to work in the U.S.
This is what we have to offer…
- Creating space for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, month, or a year.
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs